Contact Contact

Contact Financial & Consumer Rights Council Inc.

Contact FCRC


9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday

Financial & Consumer Rights Council Inc.

Level 6, 179 Queen Street
Melbourne VIC 3000

Contacting the Board:

If you're looking for a financial counsellor, we recommend the following options:

FCRC does not provide financial counselling or advice to the general public.

Use MoneySmart’s online tool to find a financial counsellor near you. The National Debt Hotline provides free financial counselling service (T: 1800 007 007)


Feedback and Complaints

We welcome feedback and will handle complaints in a fair and open way. In general, feedback is welcome through use of the online form, or by email, phone call or letter. Complaints as a particular form of feedback will be acted on promptly in accordance with our policy and the processes outlined below.

Every reasonable effort will be made by FCRC to resolve complaints it receives to the satisfaction of everyone involved. If you make a complaint, you can expect that we will:

  • treat you with respect
  • tell you what to expect while your complaint is being looked into
  • carry out the complaint handling process in a fair and open way
  • provide reasons for decisions that are made
  • protect your privacy

Our complaints policy outlines the principles for management of complaints and provides guidelines to help our staff and Board respond to complaints received.

Click here to read the complaints policy

Who can make a complaint?

Our services are predominantly in the provision of Professional Development and training, and communications with the sector. Members or stakeholders can make a complaint to FCRC if they are dissatisfied with some aspect of a service we provide. Anonymous complaints will be accepted and investigated as far as possible.

Who do I make a complaint to?

Complaints can be directed to our Executive Officer (EO) or any other staff member, or if they concern the EO, they can be made to the Board Chair. The EO, or where appropriate the Board Chair, will manage the handling of the complaint.

What happens once I make a complaint?

When you make a complaint we will acknowledge receipt of it and explain:

  • what will happen while the complaint is being dealt with
  • who will deal with the complaint
  • what will happen next, such as when you are likely to be contacted again.

If the complaint is simple then it may be resolved immediately. Where the complaint is about a more difficult matter it may take longer to resolve. Once the complaint is resolved as far as possible, you will be informed of the outcome.

What if I’m not happy with the outcome of the complaint?

If you are not happy with the outcome of the complaint, you can take your complaint to the FCRC Board and request a Board review of the matter.

To lodge a complaint:

Complaints should be directed to the EO or Board Chair via one of the following contact methods:

By mail: Level 6, 179 Queen Street MELBOURNE VIC 3000

By phone: (03) 9663 2000

By email:


Make a complaint against a Victorian financial counsellor

Contact the agency where the financial counsellor is employed to access their complaints handling process. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, please contact FCRC.


For other complaints and disputes, contact the appropriate organisation below.


For both businesses and consumers covering: licensing, registration, shopping, motor cars, housing, and resources.

Consumer Affairs Victoria Financial Ombudsman’s Service (FOS) Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) Energy and Water Ombudsman of Victoria (EWOV)